Sunday, July 01, 2007

Movies Masti Magic

No No I have not been hired by Zee Cinema to rejuvenate their punchline ... but just by the spirit of movies and the entertainment that these movies provide to the billions across the world! Some of my recent visits to the big screen -

Jhoom Barabar Jhoom - An entertainer at its core with a short story that was presented well. It brings to light the security that an engagement ring on a stranger's finger brings to you at an unexpected rendezvous. The only thing that makes me wonder is how conveniently a 2 hour conversation between incompatible persons turns into romance and then a marriage! But who wants to see real life on screen ...

Cheeni Kum - I liked this movie even though I may not be a supporter of big-age-gap-unions. It seemed an honest effort from the director's part with good performances by AB, Tabu and of course Paresh Rawal. It was interesting to see how we (Indians) stereotype our roles at different points in the lifetime. These would gradually change in the future generation because dynamism, experimentation and risk-taking is on the rise. One thing that increases the credibility of the movie is that a 30 year matured woman has been shown rather than a teenager who is trying to live one of her crazy fantasies.

Ocean's Thirteen - Even after being disappointed by Ocean's Twelve (which had high expectations after a super hit Ocean's Eleven) we decided to check on George Clooney's guys on a Saturday morning's bargain show. It did turn out to be a good bargain after all, with Al Pacino as the new bad-man, the thirteen made their way through various hurdles in their typical fashion. A perfect entertainer, especially if you liked Ocean's Eleven!

Pirates of the Carribbean: At World's End - I must admit that Johnny Depp does make me drag myself to the theater every time the pirates are in action, even though I am not fond of their ghastly appearances. Everything else is as expected after the trends set by the earlier versions of Pirates. An entertainer for a relaxed weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger ~nm said...

Now I surely want to watch JBJ. After hearing so many negative reviews about it and just a few positive, with 2 from cose people (one being you) I want to DEFINITELY watch it!

Will let you know what my views are after I've watched it.

4:33 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home