Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A New Girl in the City

On a recent Thursday, I went to see a movie produced by a big banner from Bombay... err Mumbai. As the movie progressed and presented the journey of a young woman to the city of Mumbai to realize her dream of becoming independent, I felt a certain connection with her. Her dedication, confidence, a blend of modern and traditional values and the sense of self were familiar beyond doubt. By the time she overcame the challenges and set herself on her desired path, I realized that I was in love. An emotion that had manifested from admiration to trust.

I was amazed that I was in this situation and wondered when did this process begin? At the very next instant, I had the answer… years ago. That’s when I had met with the 'new girl in the city', who now sat next to me sipping coke as the scenes on the screen transformed into three dimensions in her mind.

5 Comments:

Blogger Swati said...

:-) And why was the name of the movie not mentioned ? Would love to meet this girl :)

1:50 AM EDT  
Blogger Manasi said...

what!!!!! you are chating on me now???? after all that we've been through???? after all that i did for you???? baah baah baah !!!

4:29 PM EST  
Blogger Manasi said...

:-)

4:29 PM EST  
Blogger ~nm said...

:D

Movie name pls...

1:21 AM EST  
Blogger Bhuwan said...

Wake Up Sid

11:02 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home