Wednesday, December 26, 2007

taare zameen par

I really don’t know how to express my feelings for this movie. It may well be one of the best movies that I have seen so far, a sensitive and real depiction of a child’s heart and mind. I am sure that every individual would be able to relate to the protagonist in some way or the other. The child’s thoughts are true not only for dyslexic kids, but also for each and every kid around us. This also includes adults, when they were kids.


With outstanding performances, heart rending music that blends into the story, sensitive lyrics and a subject that is close to all this is a must-see.


I loved the following song … the meaning of each word will however come about only after seeing it in the movie

Main Kabhi Batlata Nahin
Par Andhere Se Darta Hoon Main Maa
Yun To Main, Dikhlata Nahin
Teri Parwaah Karta Hoon Main Maa
Tujhe Sab Hain Pata, Hain Na Maa
Tujhe Sab Hain Pata, Meri Maa

1 Comments:

Blogger MG said...

I saw myself in the kid (when shown stepping out of the school) as he went walking the roads - randomly following anything that caught his fantasy and imagination.

Moments like these make me realize why Harry Potters of the world dont move me as much as they move others... my childhood fantasies and imaginations were rich with all the naughtiness i and neha played (jungles of nagaland were apt surroundings ha!ha!ha!)

On a more relevant note to the topic at hand, i like the main focus that the director keeps on 'understanding the child's mental development' while keeping dyslexia as the hovering issue that keeps us from drifting away (since one would want to know how it was cured)

Almost in every frame, Aamir Khan's face was livid with emotions. Cant say if it was a labor of love for him... Mangal Pandey seemingly was. Nevertheless, given that it seems like a cakewalk-style movie on a complicated issue, i think Aamir Khan has arrived as a Director.

11:49 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home