Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Saawariya

jab koi sacche dil se kuch chahta hai to saari kayanath uski madad karti hai ... I wasn't dying to see Saawariya but it looks like this happened to me when I unexpectedly saw it on Sunday while visiting a new city 6 hours away from my home. It was definitely a different genre of movie as compared to Om Shanti Om; while the SRK starer was an entertainer using a time-tested storyline in Hindi cinema the SLB venture was an out-and-out director's movie. Each scene in Saawariya including its location, colors, dresses, and other trappings had a meaning. The dialogues were just to help in deciphering the true language of the movie. Unlike the “blank” that I had after watching Om Shanti Om (even though the movie was entertaining); I felt thoughtful walking out of the theater after Saawariya. I hadn’t read the book that the movie was based on, but I liked the story which was not what I had expected while purchasing the tickets at the box office.

… and going from the reaction of the three young ladies with me at the movies, the striptease by Ranbir Kapoor is certainly a hit. I am not sure if they liked it or disliked it but it was the talk of the group! (I am not sure if the striptease is being shown in theaters in India). My sister reminded me that Rishi Kapoor, the actor’s father, also did a striptease in his first movie. Looks like the son is trying to follow his father’s footsteps to stardom!

1 Comments:

Blogger ~nm said...

Hey! You are the first one who says that that the movie is nice! Everyone I hear says not worth a watch!

Hmmm..maybe I should still go and watch it :)

8:03 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home